Here at Cury Church of England VA Primary School we nurture
C onfident, U nited, R esponsible Y oung people.
Our school’s mission is to be a welcoming, family environment which nurtures each individual to achieve through the Christian faith, to be the best they can be on life's journey.
We educate our pupils spiritually, intellectually, socially; morally, aesthetically and physically within a school firmly based on Christian principles, with an Anglican foundation.
Cury Church of England Primary is part of the Southerly Point Co-operative Multi Academy Trust. We embrace the Trust values of Self-help, Self-responsibility, Democracy, Equality, Equity, Solidarity, Openness, Honesty, Social Responsibility and Caring for Others. In addition, being a church school, we are whole heartedly committed to putting faith and spiritual development at the heart of everything we do. Our Christian school values of Compassion, Kindness, Determination, Responsibility, Respect & Truthfulness underpin the educational experience that we offer.
We pride ourselves on our children’s attitudes and achievements and we know these are due to a very close partnership between our school and your family.
We hope your child will feel happy at Cury CofE Primary School and will achieve his or her best. Our promise to you is that we will do our best for your child.
Executive Head Teacher
Teach a child how they should live and they will remember it all their life. Proverbs 22:6
Safeguarding Alert from Cornwall School Messenger
Together for Families have been made aware of the following safeguarding concerns:
- There have been incidents locally of children being groomed through Snapchat and an online platform called Omegle. There have been 3 cases reported and they appear to have connections to others in their school and other schools. Police and social services are involved.
- There has been a local incident with a hack on the game Roblox. It appears that players are invited to open a gift which is a camera. This then takes a photo and is then shared with other users. This has also involved a child potentially being groomed. Police are involved.
As always we are here for any advice, there is also specific internet safeguarding information available on the school website.
Free School Meals Communications
Suggested Web Site Entry
Free School Meals
Cury C of E Primary School will be making the following meal provision for those pupils entitled to Free School Meal during the Covid-19 closure period.
- If a pupil is coming in to school - a meal will be provided in the normal way.
- If a pupil is staying at home - a £15 food voucher will be provided every week during the closure period. The £15 is for a single pupil, so for example if you have three pupils at the school you will receive £45.
- The voucher can be sent in two formats - as an e-voucher or a gift card. If you do not receive your voucher, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your child’s name and the school they attend and we will get back to you.
- Vouchers can be used in store or on-line if you are getting your shopping delivered to home.
- The vouchers are for Free School Meals pupils only and not Universal Free School meals pupils; again, if the Government guidance changes, the school will alter the voucher provision to fit the new guidance.
The Department for Education has been informed that some parents in England that they have received an email stating:
‘As schools will be closing, if you're entitled to free school meals, please send your bank details and we'll make sure you're supported’.
This is a scam email, do not respond and delete it immediately. The school will never request your bank details.
Due to a Change in Circumstances You Need to Register for Free School Meals.
During this period, we suspect due to changes in people’s financial situation that more people than usual will become entitled to Free School Meals. If this applies to you, please follow this link www.cornwall.gov.uk/schoolmeals to apply for Free School Meals.
Cornwall Council have confirmed that this service will continue to operate during the Covid-19 closedown.
Please keep an eye on the school website for further updates.